What I Learned Last Week

I am Grateful for Jody...

I went to my college sorority sister Jody Linker's funeral last week, it still doesn't seem real...too young, too soon, so much more life to experience.  My take away was to enjoy each day and share that joy with others.
Even as her physical body was failing she was able to reconnect all of us who hadn't been in touch for almost 30 years, inspire us all with her courage and uplift  us with her sweet spirit and testimony to God's amazing Grace.

I saw Jody or JoDee as I called her twice after learning of her illness. At both visits she was upbeat and funny as ever with her quick wit and dry sense of humor. I wrote these Jodism's in my journal afterwards:
  • ask for forgiveness & especially offer it to yourself
  • live fully
  • appreciate the small things like - going up and down steps - riding to the store or anywhere for that matter - sitting on your porch, the sun on your face
  • keep in touch with friends
  • sometimes you just need to indulge
  • grease is good for hangovers 
  • its never too late to make a new friend or be the kind of person you would like to be friends with
  • tell people what you want instead of having them bring a bunch of stuff you don't need
  • share your good lotion
  • its OK to be afraid
  • hug like you mean it
And as we stood around Jody and prayed together, those words that were chimed often on the 6th floor of Walker dorm so long ago, finally echoed true to me... "One Heart One Way"
Rest with angels my friend...

Comments