Walk a mile or three point one in their shoes


I am Grateful for exercise...


 I didn't feel like posting tonight, then I thought - well I'll bet the 1 in 8 women who are diagnosed with breast cancer each year don't feel like having cancer either....so I got my lazy self over to the keyboard to let you know that I registered a team for the Susan G. Komen Charlotte Race for the Cure. It is Saturday morning October 2nd . If you've been thinking I wish there was something I could do...here's a chance to show your love and support for Susan, help out a worthy cause with your registration fee and get your weekend workout all at once! How cool is that? To register go to www.komencharlotte.org/komen-race-for-the-cure/teams/ click on the Join a Team button, scroll down to Team name box and type Support Susan, click grey box search for team, then click Join on the right side and follow prompts to finish registration. You can choose Recreational Adult (that's me) 5k (3.1 miles) or 1 mile walk or run for $30.00; Recreational Youth $20.00; Competitive Adult (timed w/a racing chip) 5k or 1 mile run for $35.00; Competitive Youth $25.00 or Sleep In for $30.00. For your registration fee you get a way cool race T-shirt, plus an awesome morning walk/run or some combination thereof, along with lots of goodies (scarfs, yogurt, cereal, bagels, bananas, oranges, water & hot coffee) at the end of the course, plus the satisfaction of knowing you are contributing to ongoing research in the fight against breast cancer and walking or running for those who can't.
 If you decide to Sprint, Stride, Step, Sashay or Sleep-in we'd love to have you join Team Support Susan if you have any trouble with registration let me know.

Comments