Looking ahead

I am Grateful for quiet moments


This past week has been sort of foggy, happy that the cancer is in early stages, not quite clear about what it all means. Susan got a call from Blumenthal scheduling an appointment on Monday for genetic testing, we have a strong history of cancer on our Mother's side of the family and this testing will assist the Drs in making an informed decision about whether or not to recommend a double mastectomy. An appointment with a reconstructive surgeon has been set for Friday. It all still feels very surreal to me like I'm writing about some other family.
Last week Sunday morning we woke up at the Lake, I sat on the pier soaking in the quiet of the early hour, it was sort of hazy out as I looked over the lake I was silently asking God for a sign that things will be all right, I went inside to get (of course) more coffee when I came back out this is what I saw....wow...how about that! Later that morning Steve's message was on Patience (much needed the next day at Dr appointment and in the days to come) during the alter call Susan and I felt led to go forward and pray, while we were kneeling I saw someone take Susan's other hand, then I felt a gentle touch on my back and heard whispers of encouragement. The week was hard for Susan as the realities of her diagnosis began to set in, she shared with me her feelings and the  next day one of my  co-worker's  who I barely knew offered to talk with her and let her know that she had felt the very same way as she moved through her cancer journey 2 years ago. That really lifted her spirits.One of my sweet yoga students let me know how much she appreciated the Bible verses at the bottom of my post,  the confident touch of Susan's Doctors hand on her leg as she left the room, Michael's playful embrace during stressful times, and the many calls, emails & notes of concern - all of these moments and more that occurred this past week kept reminding me of the song by Casting Crowns :
 " If we are the body, why aren't his arms reaching
                                why aren't his hands healing
                                why aren't his word's teaching
   if we are the body why aren't his feet going
                                why is his love not showing them there is a way."
They are and it is....
so
Thank you

In my distress I cried to the Lord, and he heard me._Psalm 120:1

Comments