In Her Shoes

I am Grateful for those that have walked this path before and the hope and inspiration they provide...

Those are actually my shoes, I was holding the flip recorder facing down so I didn't distract the Doctor while she talked, I guess if it was turned up  you'd get a nice shot of my nostrils? Anyway I think the picture works well with the post.
Before yoga class today a dear student came up and said "we're survivors" her younger sister also had breast cancer and they just celebrated her 10th year of being cancer free! I was forwarded an email from one of Susan's college suitemates who had a similar cancer diagnosis and has been cancer free for 4 years now, and  
on that 1st Monday when we got the results I was talking with a friend explaining why I seemed distant and she said "well you know I'm a breast cancer survivor" she got on the phone with Susan right then and offered such encouragement!
I started to type "I can't tell you how that fills our hearts with hope" and then thought, No I really can't tell you about our hearts, only mine, and although it does bring comfort to me to have these courageous women generously share their stories and to see them walking,  talking, living examples of positive outcomes. I can only imagine the way it must minister to Susan. So if you have a story to share, bring it ...

You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. _ Job 11:18

Comments