Monday moments...


I am Grateful for catnaps...

As much as I would like to just cover my eyes like CoCo , relax & enjoy the sunshine, pretend all is well, thats just not in the cards right now. Where have I been and why haven't I posted. I've mainly been right here (literally right here, in front of the computer) submerged in cancer websites, patient forums, research and studies, it's like Sheryl Crow so aptly put it "after diagnosis you learn more in two weeks than you did in four years of College" in fact one of the take homes Susan got at our first meeting with the surgeon was a notebook titled "Cancer 101" so much information out there some really good, some not so good and a few downright wacko (and for me to say wacko you know it must be way out there). So here is what has been going on with Susan: Her genetic testing came back negative for a mutation of the BRCA-1, BRCA-2 genes. What that means to us is that she is not genetically predisposed to breast cancer so the likelihood of it reappearing in the left breast is only slightly higher than women who have never had breast cancer. Often ovarian cancer is linked with breast cancer so she had a ultrasound which ruled that out. Yeah on both of those accounts!!!! More soon...

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust.__Psalm 4:8

Comments